Credit Controller Vacancy
Full time role based in Harpenden, Hertfordshire
Who are we?
We are a global eLearning solutions provider, based in Harpenden, Hertfordshire. We partner with market leading software and have our own outstanding design team. We are uniquely placed to be able to offer our clients a wide array of solutions to best suit their needs in the training sphere. We have an expansive and varied client base across all industries, working with the majority of FTSE 100 companies.
Due to continuous expansion, we’re now looking for a Credit Controller, to join our Finance Team.
As a Credit Controller, you will be tasked with handling the credit control process for our business including collections activities, credit assessment and term agreements.
Supporting the Financial Controller, you will take responsibility for a debtor book of around £1.3 million, ensure customers pay on time, chase overdue invoices and deal with any queries and disputes.
Providing support across the business, you will:
- Assist Accounts Payable to process supplier payments
- Help to develop a comprehensive credit control system
- Analyse aged debt and any ‘at risk’ accounts
- Manage both the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable inboxes
- Enter purchase orders on the finance system
- Create and maintain strong, positive relationships with colleagues and suppliers
- Competitive salary
- 20 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays (rising to 25 days with service)
- Personal and professional development opportunities (career path can be followed)
To be considered as a Credit Controller, you will need:
- Experience of working in a similar credit control role within a finance function
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Experience of interacting and working with customers to ensure their needs are met and any potential risk to the business is minimised
- To fully understand debtor days and have the drive to keep these low
- A CICM, degree level or other technical qualification would be beneficial to your application.