The length of time it takes to create an eLearning course is well debated within the eLearning industry. Although there is no exact science to calculating how long a course really does take to create, it is safe to say the search is on for a way to reduce content development time.
Rather than compromising on quality, or missing deadlines, eLearning professionals turn to templates to help fast track the development process. So, how do eLearning templates help?
- Save time and money eLearning templates are a great way of speeding up development time. Custom branded eLearning templates give you a basis for all of your eLearning courses, whilst remaining on brand. This not only creates consistency but also saves time for your eLearning developers, as they do not have to create a new look and feel for each course.In addition, template packs reduce the time eLearning developers spend on creating interactions. For example, instead of creating a new tab interaction for every course, they can use the pre-built interactions in the template pack – increasing the productivity of your team and saving you money.
- Create consistency eLearning templates are an easy way to make your courses consistent. As a lot of eLearning courses are created in stages and by numerous developers, it can be easy to end up with inconsistencies in fonts, sizing and colours. Working from the same template for each part of your eLearning course eliminates this and ensures a perfectly branded eLearning course at completion.
- Unlimited possibilities Does one template pack equate to one course? Of course not! eLearning templates are designed by experts, and if used correctly, should help you create infinite eLearning courses. Your template pack should be used as a basis of each course you create and will come with a range of slides that you can tweak to suit your needs. For example, our gold template pack comes with 27 different slide designs, meaning you can pick the design that most suits your content.
- Design better courses The average L&D team has 36 members in the public sector, 23 in the private sector and just five members in the not-for-profit sector, so it’s unsurprising that skills shortages can stump some organisations when trying to implement eLearning. Many teams have the knowledge and understanding of eLearning – but when it comes to the design and development, their skills fall short. Custom branded eLearning templates help organisations overcome these skill shortages by removing the design and development challenges. With eLearning templates, all you have to do is edit the template and add your content, resulting in an amazing eLearning course, with features that are beyond your skill level.
- Concentrate on the content Having a beautifully designed eLearning course will ensure your learners buy in from the outset. But, it doesn’t ensure your learners will walk away achieving your learning outcomes – it’s the content that really matters. Developing with eLearning templates eliminates the temptation to spend hours focusing on the look and feel of a course and frees up time for you to focus on the all-important content.
In conclusion, templates are a great way to fast-track your eLearning development and improve the quality of your courses. As eLearning templates are created by experts in the field, they’re designed with learners in mind, ensuring your eLearning is successful and delivers on learning objectives. What’s more, there are so many routes to take when sourcing eLearning templates, including:
- Using those that come with your authoring tool (the Articulate 360 Content Library has some amazing templates)
- Buying an off-the-shelf solution, such as the templates from eLearning Brothers
- Having bespoke templates created from scratch for your organisation
But, whichever route you take, templates are a fantastic way to take your eLearning to the next level.